Wednesday, April 09, 2008

More People I Love (It's Getting Hot in Here)

Men in my hot yoga class. I'm not talking about the walk-ins, I'm talking about the regulars. Three in particular.

Karate Chop - This guy is in his mid 50s, comes into class very serious. he's tall, very fit, and always has on short nylon running shorts with to-the-knee spandex underneath, t-shirt tucked into to shorts and spandex, and, this is my favorite, a karate headband around his forehead. Karate Chop always walks in with a purpose and is determined in the mastering of his moves. Favorite Pose: Awkward Pose.

Inflatulation - This gentleman, also in his mid 50s, is the stereotypical male yogi...in his mid 50s. Longer, curly dark hair, goatee, slightly scrawny. Always adorned in a white tank and baggy shorts. He brings his own mat and places it in the same spot every class. This is the guy who becomes so relaxed and focused that he FARTS at various points throughout the class - making hot yoga 20 degrees warmer. Favorite Pose: Downward Dog (ass in the air - all you need to know).

Dan - Just straight up Dan, because that's his name. Dan knows everyone in class, and if he doesn't, he'll introduce himself to you. Dan is also in his mid 50's (starting to see a trend), talks with a calming voice replete with lisp, and has a pretty significant gut. Dan dresses every class in head-to-toe Under Armor...and all-black Under Armor at that. When I say cap-a-pi, I mean the sleeveless black tank, full-length spandex pants, wrist bands on each wrist and head band across forehead. All black, all Under Armor. Dan is a big fan of sharing his zen-like philosophies such as: "Dance like nobody's watching," or "Love like you've never loved before, " or "Life is not meant to be complacent." Favorite Pose: Breathing (while breathing is not technically a pose, it is so yoga. I know Dan loves breathing because of his loud phlegm-like inhale, and even louder exhale, showing off the length at which he does both).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.