Friday, December 29, 2006

Resolve and Evolve

Let it be known that on, Monday, January 1, 2007, that I, GAC, resolve to take charge of my life in the year 2007 by doing the following (in no particular order of priority):

1) Be nicer to my mom. This seems like an easy task, but when your mom calls you at work, if no answer, calls cell phone twice, if no answer, then work again, you answer only to have her ask you an "urgent" question which she has forgotten…calls you BACK at work b/c she remembered: "ummm, have you seen my tweezers?". I will not sigh directly in her face, but rather cover the mouth piece of the phone so she cannot detect my exasperation.

2) Accept my deficiencies of laziness and hatred toward cleaning supplies, dirty dishes, and laundry hampers and hire a cleaning/maid service.

3) To overdraw my bank account no more than once every 2 months - and perhaps to start a savings account (a bit lofty, I know).

4) Search for a standard/go-to drink. You know, "the usual."

5) Purchase only one bridesmaid dress - and sell off the other 15 in my closet.

6) Brush up on my Spanish so I can read the food labels at the Piggly Wiggly.

7) To go on more dates, but not by compromising my standards (which may actually lead to fewer dates).

And finally,

8) To be more productive at work by writing more frequently in my blog.

As we say it at my house, Happy Nu Nu!

No comments: